Friday, May 31, 2013

Why bias puts young gays' health at risk

When I was 8, I joined the Boy Scouts. I lasted three weeks--couldn't get the hang of all that knot tying, and no one was interested in singing show tunes around the camp fire. I was gay and I knew it. At that time, revealing my sexual identity would have resulted in my exclusion from Scouting. Until the Boy Scouts of America's historic vote last Thursday-- which allows gay youth to join the scouts, but upholds the ban on gay adult leaders--thousands of young boys across the country faced similar discrimination from the Scouts, who actively and vocally banned gays.





via CNN.com - Top Stories {



Admin ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Get your FREE 30 Days Martial Arts Training Now Best Martial Arts School in Fredericksburg Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment